[FFmpeg-trac] #5286(ffmpeg:new): ffmpeg -hwaccel vdpau limited to h264 level 4.1 since avconv_vdpau: use the hwcontext API to simplify code

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Mar 20 17:57:08 CET 2016

#5286: ffmpeg -hwaccel vdpau limited to h264 level 4.1 since avconv_vdpau: use the
hwcontext API to simplify code
             Reporter:  AndyF        |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by AndyF):

 Replying to [comment:2 heleppkes]:
 > When your driver reports wrong capabilities, you should report that to
 the driver developers.

 Sorry to be late gmail saw the notification as spam.

 Debatable in the case that the vdpau specification in question doesn't
 actually go as high as the level needed for my h/w.

 This is a regression - it was fixed previously to bring ffmpeg cli into
 line with what players already do = ignore vdpau level info as it's not
 really fit for purpose (I guess they use size or maybe bail on further
 errors?).

 ffmpeg cli used to be reasonable = pragmatic in the face of a sub optimal
 standards situation to give users something working.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5286#comment:3>