[FFmpeg-trac] #5588(avfilter:new): Attempting to use scale_npp filter results in "impossible to convert between formats"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue May 24 08:32:27 CEST 2016

#5588: Attempting to use scale_npp filter results in "impossible to convert
between formats"
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  rednaxela  |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 As best as I can tell, trying to use the scale_npp filter is always
 resulting in an error such as the following for me:
 {{{
 Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter 'graph 0
 input from stream 0:0' and the filter 'auto-inserted scaler 0'
 Error opening filters!
 }}}

 An example command line is
 {{{
 ffmpeg -i input_file.mkv -filter:v
 "scale_npp=w=1316:h=1080:format=same:interp_algo=lanczos" -codec:v libx264
 output_file.mkv
 }}}

 This seems to happen regardless of what sort of input file I try.
 Initially was using a rgb24 color space input file, and thinking that
 might have been the problem tried a yuv420p input file, with the same
 result.

 This is based upon a local build of the current git version, built under
 MSYS2 and which includes libnpp support.

 A full log is attached.

 Maybe this is user error rather than a bug? I can't see what I've done
 wrong though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5588>