[FFmpeg-trac] #5598(avcodec:new): image2pipe disruption and OOM crash on BMP sequences with certain pixel values

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon May 30 10:45:51 CEST 2016

#5598: image2pipe disruption and OOM crash on BMP sequences with certain pixel
values
             Reporter:  CoJaBo       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * keywords:   => bmp regression
 * component:  undetermined => avcodec

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:5598 CoJaBo]:

 > {{{
 > cat blank.bmp error.bmp blank.bmp | ffmpeg -f image2pipe -i - junk.mkv
 > }}}

 Is {{{-f image2pipe}}} necessary to reproduce? I ask because generally
 forcing an input format can make a ticket less important.

 > If such a frame occurs in the middle of a large input stream, upon
 hitting it ffmpeg will stop producing output and attempt to read the
 remainder of the input stream into RAM until it runs out of memory and
 dies.

 How can I reproduce this?

 So far you have reported that input exists for which the bmp parser is
 unable to produce correct output. This is a regression for the given input
 but it may be "wontfix" (because parsing bmp can be difficult).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5598#comment:1>