[FFmpeg-trac] #6311(ffmpeg:closed): Unclear warning when encoding h264 from decklink without specifying pixel format.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Apr 13 23:41:05 EEST 2017

#6311: Unclear warning when encoding h264 from decklink without specifying pixel
format.
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  viddy        |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |

Comment (by viddy):

 Fair enough. I submitted the enhancement because I personally read the
 warning, but still spent a lot of time not understanding why some players
 were failing. Since every player was of the modern variety.

 For my use case having 422 as the default strikes me as odd, but I'm sure
 it makes sense in other scenarios or else i would have suggested to change
 to a saner default.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6311#comment:2>