[FFmpeg-trac] #6915(avformat:open): DASH audio segments duration doesn't match exactly with video segments duration.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Dec 21 18:53:57 EET 2017

#6915: DASH audio segments duration doesn't match exactly with video segments
duration.
------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Reporter:  beloko      |                    Owner:  stevenliu
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by j_karthic):

 Replying to [comment:28 stevenliu]:
 > maybe the process way looks like bellow:
 > 1. check if there have video stream
 > 2. all the EXT-X-TARGETDURATION align to video playlist
 EXT-X-TARGETDURATION if there have video stream
 > 3. if no video stream, just use old way.
 Anyways the old way is to use muxed AV streams in hlsenc where this is not
 at all an issue. Only one target duration is present for both audio and
 video stream, as there is only one media playlist.
 The issue arises only in unmuxed AV streams. The HLS support for unmuxed
 AV streams was added very recently in both hlsenc and dashenc. So I
 propose that we use rounding of target duration in unmuxed streams, and
 leave the muxed stream in hlsenc as is, in order to not touch the existing
 behavior.
 In that way the existing behavior in hlsenc is preserved and no active
 user gets affected. Any new user starting with unmuxed streams will get
 rounded target durations.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6915#comment:30>