[FFmpeg-trac] #4928(avcodec:closed): Cannot load ffmpeg x86 build on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) - libavcodec.so: has text relocations

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jun 19 21:13:26 EEST 2017

#4928: Cannot load ffmpeg x86 build on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) - libavcodec.so:
has text relocations
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  ioeir2      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by reimar):

 Stating my opinion and for the benefit of anyone coming across this:
 As far as I can tell (and an earlier post mentioned), this is not an
 Android issue, this is a (32-bit) x86 Android issue.
 That is such a minority platform that that already doesn't justify any
 real effort, but especially if the result simply always will be really bad
 performance-wise.
 If this were to affect ARM or x86_64 I think it would be worth
 investigating less brute-force fixes than --disable-asm.
 I also think Google should reconsider their stance for 32-bit x86 (or
 start dropping support for it) as 32-bit x86 with PIC is a horrible idea
 performance-wise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4928#comment:21>