[FFmpeg-trac] #4928(avcodec:closed): Cannot load ffmpeg x86 build on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) - libavcodec.so: has text relocations

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Nov 30 12:28:55 EET 2017

#4928: Cannot load ffmpeg x86 build on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) - libavcodec.so:
has text relocations
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  ioeir2      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by alexcohn):

 Replying to [comment:21 reimar]:
 > As far as I can tell (and an earlier post mentioned), this is not an
 Android issue, this is a (32-bit) x86 Android issue.
 > That is such a minority platform that that already doesn't justify any
 real effort

 +100

 > but especially if the result simply always will be really bad
 performance-wise. A potential workaround (at least for now) is to declare
 the app to be targeting Android L and not support M, possibly only for
 special 32-bit x86 apks.

 There are two cases here. I believe that the new x86 devices running new
 versions of Android all have 64 bit. Manufacturers of lower-end TV sticks
 should simply stick ''(pun intended)'' to Lollipop. The other case, much
 smaller in magnitude, but very visible, is the developers who run the
 default emulator image (32-bit x86 with latest OS) to debug their apps.

 For this second category my advice would be to ignore performance issues
 with codecs in debug sessions, or use older system image for these cases,
 and make sure that the performance of the app on real (mostly armv7 or
 armv8) devices is good enough.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4928#comment:22>