[FFmpeg-trac] #6728(avcodec:new): Inline variable declarations break builds when using non-C99 compliant compiler

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Oct 11 14:55:45 EEST 2017

#6728: Inline variable declarations break builds when using non-C99 compliant
compiler
             Reporter:               |                     Type:  defect
  mark.mccormack                     |                 Priority:  minor
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1
 Apologies if this is not the correct place to report this, it is compile
 related not run-time related.  I am reporting it because it does appear to
 be an anomaly in the latest code base.

 I have previously been building ffmpeg with the VS2012 compiler OK using
 the instructions detailed at:
 https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MSVC.

 However, a recent change to libavcodec/proresdec2.c contains inline
 variable declarations which breaks a C89-style compiler using a C89-C99
 convertor.

 The code in question is contained in lines 599-606.

 https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavcodec/proresdec2.c#L599

 I appreciate pandering to older compilers could be a burden on
 development, so if this is intentional then I completely understand.
 However, with this code removed the rest of the code-base builds OK.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6728>