[FFmpeg-trac] #6756(undetermined:new): comfortnoise decoder prints warnings and decodes forever even if given a time limit

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Oct 17 16:37:55 EEST 2017

#6756: comfortnoise decoder prints warnings and decodes forever even if given a
time limit
             Reporter:  jcowgill     |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:
 With ffmpeg 3.4 and git master, trying to decode a nut file encoded with
 the comfortnoise codec spews warnings everywhere and generates a huge
 output file (ie many GBs) even though the output is limited to 1 second.

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i sine=d=10 -c:a comfortnoise -f nut comfortnoise.nut
 -y
 $ ffmpeg -i comfortnoise.nut -t 1 -c:v rawvideo -c:a pcm_s32le -f nut
 /dev/null -y
 }}}

 The warnings are all like this and appear to go on forever (although I
 killed it once the log file grew to about 1GB):
 {{{
 [nut @ 0x5610e00d14c0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous:
 699, current: 697; changing to 700. This may result in incorrect
 timestamps in the output file.
 [nut @ 0x5610e00d14c0] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous:
 700, current: 697; changing to 701. This may result in incorrect
 timestamps in the output file.
 }}}

 One thing I notice is that trying to play the comfortnoise.nut file with
 ffplay causes the current timestamp to go wildly all over the place
 (including into negative time). I'm guessing this is related.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6756>