[FFmpeg-trac] #6693(avformat:new): MXF (AVC-I or DNXH) file created by ffmpeg could not be recognized by Davinci Resolve 14

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Oct 28 15:02:07 EEST 2017

#6693: MXF (AVC-I or DNXH) file created by ffmpeg could not be recognized by
Davinci Resolve 14
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  dkt         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:4 chrisj]:
 > Replying to [comment:3 cehoyos]:
 > > Can you confirm that this is the reason Davinci Resolve fails to open
 the file created with FFmpeg?

 > I tried to get clarification

 This ticket is about an incompatibility with Davinci Resolve. You claim
 that the reason for this incompatibility is a missing footer partition
 (you would have opened a new ticket if you just wanted to report that a
 validation tool reports a missing footer partition in mxf files created
 with FFmpeg). To verify, you could use a hex editor to edit an mxf file
 working with Davinci Resolve so that it reports the same footer partition
 issue with the validation tool and test if it still works with Davinci
 Resolve.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6693#comment:5>