[FFmpeg-trac] #7258(undetermined:new): Video codec "uncompressed r210 and v210" in Quicktime container produces too dark images

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jul 12 09:46:25 EEST 2018

#7258: Video codec "uncompressed r210 and v210" in Quicktime container produces
too dark images
             Reporter:  wavelet      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by wavelet):

 Replying to [comment:10 cehoyos]:
 > I opened the input video with !QuickTime player using Avid codecs and it
 looks much darker than on the jpg you provided.

 Dirk Hildebrandt: Carl Eugen you are absolutely right, it is important to
 check the input first. Also maybe the interpretation of the export format
 is wrong at the player or postprocessing software. To make it a little bit
 easier, I generated a ProRes version for the source:

 Source: http://Projekte.waveletbeam.com/1080p_test_sequence_ProRes.mov
 r210:http://projekte.waveletbeam.com/R210_FFMPEG_1080pFromProRes.mov

 I hope this helps.

--