[FFmpeg-trac] #7259(ffmpeg:new): Failed to inject frame into filter network: Out of memory when video has metadata "rotate : 90"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 15 05:40:32 EEST 2018

#7259: Failed to inject frame into filter network: Out of memory when video has
metadata "rotate : 90"
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  bolds   |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Summary of the bug:

 I built ffmpeg for android, it's working fine for some videos, but it
 crashes on high bitrate h264 videos with rotate tag.

 First let me detail the enviroment:

 1- the script i used to build ffmpeg can be found at
 https://github.com/bolds07/ffmpeg-for-android-for-
 dummies/blob/master/builder.sh
 2 - im testing on android emulator and also in my real phone (i686 and
 arm64v8-a)
 3 - the command i'm running is a simple encoding command like:
 {{{ffmpeg -y -i file.mp4 -c:v libx264 -crf 30 -c:a copy output.mp4}}}
 3a - I also tried to use {{{mpeg4}}} and other encoders to replace
 {{{libx264}}} but the same problem occurs
 4 - all videos h264 i've with bitrate until 6.000 kbps work fine
 5 - videos with bitrate 12.000kbps without the rotate metadata work fine
 7 - I've tested big videos (200MB) with 5000kbps and they work fine (if
 the video hasn't the metadata rotate)
 8 - I've tested small videos (15MB) with 12000kbps and they don't work (if
 it has)

 I re-run tha command with the parameters {{{-v 9 -loglevel 99}}} and
 pasted the result at:
 https://pastebin.com/ihawsPvZ

 I will set two video samples for anyone test, one which works and one
 which doesn't (the only difference i see is the metadata but i might be
 wrong)

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdimy5rj8lnbn56/work.mp4?dl=1
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tpkrgdm02qzj3s/crash.mp4?dl=1

--