[FFmpeg-trac] #7235(avformat:new): Problem encoding a HLS source that uses fMP4 segment that uses systemtime timestamps

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 29 18:54:55 EEST 2018

#7235: Problem encoding a HLS source that uses fMP4 segment that uses systemtime
timestamps
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  fvb         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by rmf):

 I ran into a similar issue with a live stream (segmented HEVC stream,
 decoding using mpv).

 I found the segments each began with a Segment Index ('sidx') box that has
 an earliest_presentation_time set to 0. Everything else in the box appears
 to be valid. I'm not certain that an earliest_presentation_time of 0 is
 not itself an error, but it could be.

 In mov_read_sidx(), frag_stream_info->sidx_pts ends up being set to
 timestamp that equals 0, then in mov_read_trun() it appears dts ends up
 being set to a huge negative value when sc->time_offset is subtracted from
 sidx_pts.

 There is a FIXME at that location in mov_read_trun(), but I'm also
 wondering if sidx_pts should have been set to AV_NOPTS_VALUE instead of 0.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7235#comment:6>