[FFmpeg-trac] #6103(undetermined:new): When trying to set the audio track metadata language to 'und' (undefined) ffmpeg switches to 'eng' (English)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 12 19:01:50 EET 2018

#6103: When trying to set the audio track metadata language to 'und' (undefined)
ffmpeg switches to 'eng' (English)
             Reporter:  vsanchez     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by peter_b):

 @Gyan:
 I'm surprised to hear that, because from a quick look at
 [https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavformat/isom.c
 libavformat/isom.c], I thought that the static codes-table is deprecated
 and replaced by ISO639-2 stored in 3*5 bits ASCII (as written in
 [https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFChap4/qtff4.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000939-CH206-35103
 MOV-specs]):

 /* map numeric codes from mdhd atom to ISO 639 */
 /* cf. QTFileFormat.pdf p253, qtff.pdf p205 */
 /* http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/Text/Text-368.html */
 /* deprecated by putting the code as 3*5 bits ASCII */

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6103#comment:6>