[FFmpeg-trac] #7436(undetermined:new): Unable to stream from Point Grey Flea3 camera using FFmpeg(4.0.2) DirectShow filter

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Sep 12 15:44:44 EEST 2018

#7436: Unable to stream from Point Grey Flea3 camera using FFmpeg(4.0.2)
DirectShow filter
             Reporter:  lhastie      |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Camera resolution is 1200 x 720.  Version of FFmpeg (4.0.2).  Command line
 is as follows:

 ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="Point Grey Camera" -vcodec flv -g 5 -q 10 -f flv
 c:\temp\test.flv

 The following error is displayed :

 [NULL @ 000002279a1534c0] [IMGUTILS @ 000000a89a7fe990] Picture size
 1200x4294966576 is invalid

 I raised a ticket directly with our camera supplier and they informed me
 that their DirectShow filter returns the image dimensions as 1200 x -720
 indicating that the top row comes first in memory.  Can you tell me if the
 current version of FFmpeg supports negative image height?  We have older
 versions of FFmpeg that work perfectly well with the same camera set with
 the same resolution.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7436>