[FFmpeg-trac] #7650(avcodec:new): FFmpeg MPEG-2 encode fails to "invalid RC mode" when iHD driver is used through VA-API instead of QSV

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jan 16 17:53:24 EET 2019

#7650: FFmpeg MPEG-2 encode fails to "invalid RC mode" when iHD driver is used
through VA-API instead of QSV
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  eero-t       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by eero-t):

 After building latest FFmpeg from git with the above bitrate patch, and
 this:
 > ​https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/patch/11770/

 I get similar SSIM & PSNR values as with QSV, so this looks good.

 Still get the same warnings, but I guess they can be ignored:
 {{{
 [mpeg2_vaapi @ 0x56458668d9c0] Driver does not support some wanted packed
 headers (wanted 0x3, found 0x10).
 [mpeg2_vaapi @ 0x56458668d9c0] Sample aspect ratio 10:11 is not
 representable, signalling square pixels instead.
 [mpeg @ 0x564586689e80] VBV buffer size not set, using default size of
 230KB
 }}}

--