[FFmpeg-trac] #7922(avcodec:new): Encoding with h264_amf, muxing in MP4, missing reference frame when seeking within 2nd and 3rd GOP

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue May 28 18:47:38 EEST 2019

#7922: Encoding with h264_amf, muxing in MP4, missing reference frame when seeking
within 2nd and 3rd GOP
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  lveilleux  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect     |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by mmironov):

 The attached file has valid H264 elementary stream with IDRs each 100th
 frame as expected. I verified picture referencing, looks correct. I used
 Vega Analyzer for verification. I don’t see seeking problem with WMP,
 Movies&TV and VLC.
 Usually, seeking problems are related to the lack of IDR or incorrect
 report of IDR frame type to the container writer.
 I’ve noticed that you use very old graphical driver: 16.40.xxxx is from
 2016. There is possibility that IDR frame types are reported incorrectly
 and it could lead to the seek problem. Could you please update the driver
 from here and try: https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-
 graphics/firepro/firepro-wx000-series/firepro-w5000

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7922#comment:7>