[FFmpeg-trac] #8137(avformat:new): "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream" message and broken file when copying from h264/mp4 to mp4

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Oct 4 03:25:54 EEST 2019

#8137: "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream" message and broken file when copying
from h264/mp4 to mp4
             Reporter:  fireattack   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Jun):

 Replying to [comment:1 fireattack]:
 confirmed, adding "-ignore_editlist 1" works

 This mp4 has a strange edit list that, only one entry, with duration of 0,
 which is telling the player to render nothing.

 Although VLC and window media player plays well, I think they just simply
 ignore the edit list. From this perspective, I think ffmpeg is doing the
 right thing.

 > The original file definitely has some issues in timestamp, but it plays
 fine in all the players I tested. The output, on the other hand, doesn't.
 It will just play a split of seconds.

 > The problem also happens when remuxing to ts, mkv, or avi.
 (Interestingly, no "Non-monotonous DTS in output stream" spamming when
 converting to mkv).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8137#comment:4>