[FFmpeg-trac] #8858(undetermined:new): Trying to use the hw_decode.exe with a hevc or avc mp4 file results in a corrupted output

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Aug 21 23:10:44 EEST 2020

#8858: Trying to use the hw_decode.exe with a hevc or avc mp4 file results in a
corrupted output
             Reporter:  tianjun      |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:
 How to reproduce:
 Built on Windows with git-master.
 The sample code I tried is /doc/examples/hw_decode.c
 hw_decode.exe dxva2 input.mp4 out.yuv
 If input.mp4 is either hevc or avc, out.yuv is corrupted

 Below command line produces correct output.
 ffmpeg -hwaccel dxva2 -threads 1 -i input.mp4 out.yuv

 So I guess the libraries are good, but hw_decode sample has something
 wrong.
 ffmpeg is hard to reference for a simple decode module.
 Could you please fix hw_decode sample code?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8858>