[FFmpeg-trac] #8493(ffmpeg:new): Allow setting mastering display metadata and content light level information in Quitcktime files

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jan 22 13:24:06 EET 2020

#8493: Allow setting mastering display metadata and content light level
information in Quitcktime files
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
             Reporter:  hubner     |                     Type:  enhancement
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 I'm trying encode a Quicktime file with HDR metadata.

 I was able to set the color space, the color primaries, and the color
 transfer characteristics but it is not possible to set the mastering
 display metadata and the content light level information. I had a look at
 the code and it seems that in the mov decoder the information is already
 parsed from the file. However, in the mov encoder the atoms for these
 metadata are not written yet.

 In #7756 a similar enhancement is requested but for HEVC instead of
 Quicktime.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8493>