[FFmpeg-trac] #8772(undetermined:new): MXF-muxing fails with Error writing trailer of test.mxf Unknown error occurred

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jul 3 16:08:59 EEST 2020

#8772: MXF-muxing fails with Error writing trailer of test.mxf Unknown error
occurred
             Reporter:  steipal      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by steipal):

 The AVI file in question is distributed by the police from a surveilence
 camera. We have no control on what kind of files we receive by external
 providers that are not broadcasters or video professionals.

 I guess the problem is how ffmpeg deals with missing essence in various
 output formats. I would expect the same error on both commands:

 {{{
 ffmpeg.exe -i hjelpemiddel.avi -max_muxing_queue_size 500 -c:v mpeg2video
 -r 25 -ar 48000 -y -s 1920x1080 -c:a pcm_s16le test.mkv
 ffmpeg.exe -i hjelpemiddel.avi -max_muxing_queue_size 500 -c:v mpeg2video
 -r 25 -ar 48000 -y -s 1920x1080 -c:a pcm_s16le test.mxf

 }}}

 But if you tell me that this is expected behavior, by design and is not
 going to be "fixed", then I'm fine with that. I just have to deal with it
 another way. Because all my conversions are automated/scripted I have to
 be able to detect a bogus audio/video data stream somehow and replace it
 with dummy stream before creating the command.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8772#comment:7>