[FFmpeg-trac] #8747(swscale:new): libswscale 4.3 crash if output buffer is not 16 bytes aligned for yuv2rgb conversion

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jun 22 22:51:11 EEST 2020

#8747: libswscale 4.3 crash if output buffer is not 16 bytes aligned for yuv2rgb
conversion
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  melanconj   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:3 melanconj]:
 > Apologies, I should have mentioned our real world use case in the
 report. We've noticed this regression when trying to integrate 4.3 in our
 application. Our test infrastructure has been crashing consistently with
 the new version. In our case, the application is a C# program doing
 interop into swscale.

 I suspect the problem is that FFmpeg offers C libraries and that there may
 be no system with SSSE3 support where your crash can be reproduced using
 libc's allocation functions. Since you are not using C, you may have to
 compile FFmpeg with --disable-ssse3.
 Can't you use FFmpeg's allocation functions?

 There is something else that I would like to understand: Why didn't your
 application crash before using SSE2-optimized functions that also need
 16-byte alignment?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8747#comment:6>