[FFmpeg-trac] #8759(undetermined:new): ffmpeg generated Photo-JPEG QuickTime with yuvj422p won't play in QT on macOS Catalina/BigSur (10.15+)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 26 00:40:33 EEST 2020

#8759: ffmpeg generated Photo-JPEG QuickTime with yuvj422p won't play in QT on
macOS Catalina/BigSur (10.15+)
             Reporter:  dyamized     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * version:  4.2 => unspecified
 * component:  avcodec => undetermined

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:8759 dyamized]:

 > Our software uses ffmpeg to generate PhotoJPEG QuickTime movies via the
 'mjpeg' codec, with pixel format yuvj422p.

 > As of macOS 10.15 (Catalina), these generated movie files do not play in
 QuickTime.

 Then why are you reporting an issue on this bug tracker? We cannot fix
 !QuickTime...

 Please test current FFmpeg git head and provide the command line - using
 `testsrc2` as input - you tested together with the complete, uncut console
 output to make this a valid ticket.
 And please attach a short file that works with !QuickTime.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8759#comment:1>