[FFmpeg-trac] #7138(avformat:new): Generating encrypted HLS segments with the fmp4 format results in a segfault

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Mar 5 23:49:04 EET 2020

#7138: Generating encrypted HLS segments with the fmp4 format results in a
segfault
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Brainiarc7  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by GoTesla):

 @stevenliu When using ffmpeg version 3.4.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1, I ''seem'' to
 be able to successfully output encrypted fmp4, but there is one small
 problem: the init.mp4 gets saved to the base directory instead of
 alongside the desired .m3u8 file (in a subfolder).

 So I then upgraded my ffmpeg to ffmpeg version 4.2.2-0york0~18.04 to see
 if the bug was fixed. The good news is that 4.2.2 seems to save the
 init.mp4 file to the correct subfolder.

 However, the process fails and throws this error:

 {{{
 writing [hls @ 0x562c38c44c40] Encrypted fmp4 not yet supported Could not
 write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Not yet
 implemented in FFmpeg, patches welcome Error initializing output stream
 0:1 --  [aac @ 0x562c38ca7940] Qavg: -nan Conversion failed!
 }}}

 Is my understanding correct that ffmpeg supported encrypting fmp4 back in
 version 3.4.6 but by 4.2.2 dropped support for it?

 (I wish I could find a version of ffmpeg that supports encrypting fmp4
 ''and'' saves the init.mp4 in the same subfolder as the m3u8.)

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7138#comment:7>