[FFmpeg-trac] #8329(ffmpeg:new): Rotation metadata not overridden when the input video has rotation metadata set to 180

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue May 12 11:23:11 EEST 2020

#8329: Rotation metadata not overridden when the input video has rotation metadata
set to 180
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  hungryTux  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect     |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
Changes (by d3im):

 * cc: deim@… (added)
 * priority:  normal => important
 * version:  unspecified => 4.2

Comment:

 I have exactly the same problem - source video is rotated by 180 deg.
 Autorotate is correct but there may be scenarios when I wanna rotate
 myself. In current version (4.2.2) manual rotate of this file is broken
 and source rotation metadata is copied to destination file.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8329#comment:4>