[FFmpeg-trac] #8685(undetermined:new): Subtitles inserted using mov_text codec fail to display properly in Quicktime 4.0.3

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed May 27 06:08:05 EEST 2020

#8685: Subtitles inserted using mov_text codec fail to display properly in
Quicktime 4.0.3
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------
             Reporter:  smarino  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect   |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:           |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0        |
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by smarino):

 Looking at the file I'm working off of in a hex editor I have located
 where the invalid color and font size values are coming from. They start
 at position 0xDAF5B5 in this file.

 All the values are big-endian 16-bit unsigned integers. In order it is
 font size, foreground red, foreground green, and foreground blue. The
 string "ftab" is written where the font size and red values are being read
 from, followed by the green and blue values.

 I can email this video file to any developer interested in taking a
 further look at it - it is approx 14MB in size.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8685#comment:1>