[FFmpeg-trac] #8989(avformat:new): #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME value of existing segments gets over written with new value when appending new segments to an existing playlist file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 16 13:50:47 EET 2020

#8989: #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME value of existing segments gets over written with
new value when appending new segments to an existing playlist file
             Reporter:               |                    Owner:
  VigneshRavichandran                |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1

Comment (by VigneshRavichandran):

 I have a WIP fix for this bug. The high level approach is below:

 1. Add a new variable "discont_program_date_time" of type double to
 HLSSegment struct
 2. Store the "EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME" value from the existing segments in
 this variable
 3. When writing to playlist file if "discont_program_date_time" is set
 then use that value for "EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME" else use the value
 present in vs->initial_prog_date_time

 I have attached a patch containing the code changes for the approach
 described above. Would appreciate any suggestions/comments on this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8989#comment:2>