[FFmpeg-trac] #8908(undetermined:new): PSG subtitles timestamps are wrong when reading from stdin and not exporting video too

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Sep 24 13:23:59 EEST 2020

#8908: PSG subtitles timestamps are wrong when reading from stdin and not
exporting video too
             Reporter:               |                    Owner:
  Rapper_skull                       |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Rapper_skull):

 Update:
 I also tried the bash inline syntax ''ffmpeg -i <(cat test.m2ts)'', but
 the timestamps are still wrong.
 I tried to use the concat protocol as described
 [https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate here], but unfortunately there's
 a bigger issue: starting from the second file all timings are wrong (at
 the end I get a 5 seconds difference).
 This problem is present even if I manually join the files with ''cat'' and
 then use the result as an input. The only way is to resort to the trick of
 autputting the video to /dev/null. Even ''-fix_sub_duration -copyts
 -start_at_zero'' does nothing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8908#comment:2>