[FFmpeg-trac] #7927(undetermined:closed): Video copy from mkv to mp4 causes variable frame rate from constant frame rate

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Apr 1 15:08:40 EEST 2021

#7927: Video copy from mkv to mp4 causes variable frame rate from constant frame
rate
             Reporter:  madsfoto     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Balling):

 Replying to [comment:13 RytoEX]:
 > Replying to [comment:8 cehoyos]:
 > > One that was not created with FFmpeg, so that the issue that you are
 trying to show (I am not completely convinced that it exists) is not
 already reproducible with the input file.
 > > Additionally, please try not to use !MediaInfo to show an issue with
 FFmpeg: This should not be necessary if there is an issue.

 > Replying to [comment:12 cehoyos]:
 > > Please do not reopen this ticket unless you can provide an input file
 that was not created by FFmpeg.

 > So you need an MKV file created by something that is not FFmpeg, and
 does not rely on FFmpeg code?  Why would an MKV file created by FFmpeg not
 suffice?

 > I'm discussing with others on how best to produce ideal samples for you
 that meet your criteria.

 Please note that Nikon can also use ffmpeg internally. D:)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7927#comment:14>