[FFmpeg-trac] #9165(undetermined:open): "Lossless encoding not supported" error occurs using NVIDIA Video Codec SDK 10.0

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Mar 28 14:14:14 EEST 2021

#9165: "Lossless encoding not supported" error occurs using NVIDIA Video Codec SDK
10.0
             Reporter:  bombur33     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by Balling):

 * status:  new => open

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 bombur33]:
 > I should mention, the problem occurs when using the new p1-p7 presets
 added in SDK 10 on GPUs that don't support lossless.  I've run the same
 test successfully on a newer NVIDIA GPU that supports lossless.

 Well, obviously. So the patch is just to add < PRESET_P1 and maybe the
 same about ctx->tuning_info in #ifdef NVENC_HAVE_NEW_PARAMETERS.

 But yeah, that is because ret will be < 0!

 To oromit: I tested it on 2080 Ti it works great there because lossless is
 supported and we just do not return. So I checked with his  command... It
 is not lossless... While -tune:v lossless will be lossless...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9165#comment:2>