[FFmpeg-trac] #9498(undetermined:new): Cannot build ffmpeg shared libraries under Windows with dash enabled (missing libxml2)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Nov 5 21:33:18 EET 2021

#9498: Cannot build ffmpeg shared libraries under Windows with dash enabled
(missing libxml2)
             Reporter:  Thomas       |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Hello,

 I can't build ffmpeg shared libraries under Windows with the mpeg dash
 demuxer enabled.

 The problem is always that libxml2 is missing.

 I always get the error : " ERROR: libxml-2.0 not found using pkg-config"

 Here is what I have done:

 I installed msys2
 I run cmd from Visual Studio 2015 (Tools > Command prompt) and I run msys2
 from there:

 C:\msys64>C:\msys64\msys2_shell.cmd -msys

 Then, in msys2, I install this:

 {{{
 pacman -S make
 pacman -S diffutils
 pacman -S yasm
 pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc
 pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-gcc
 pacman -S pkg-config
 pacman -S mingw-w64-x64-libxml2
 pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-libxml2
 export PATH=$PATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
 14.0\VC\bin"
 export
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/lib/pkgconfig:/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig/
 }}}

 I go to ffmpeg's folder and I run:

 {{{
 ./configure --target-os=win64 --arch=x86_64 --toolchain=msvc --enable-
 shared --enable-demuxer=dash --enable-libxml2
 }}}

 And I face this error:

 {{{
 ERROR: libxml-2.0 not found using pkg-config

 If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
 version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
 ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.libera.chat.
 Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this
 will help
 solve the problem.
 }}}

 And yet, I have libxml-2.0.pc in C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\pkgconfig

 I don't know if it can help but "pkg-config --libs libxml2" returns:

 {{{
 Package libxml2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
 Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml2.pc'
 No package 'libxml2' found
 }}}

 And "pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0" returns:
 {{{
 -L/mingw64/lib -lxml2 -lz -llzma -liconv -lws2_32
 }}}

 Could someone please save me with a solution?

 Thanks in advance
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9498>