[FFmpeg-trac] #9539(ffmpeg:new): Separate printings stats on th ecommand line from sending progress stats to a URL

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Nov 30 09:39:53 EET 2021

#9539: Separate printings stats on th ecommand line from sending progress stats to
a URL
             Reporter:  Pedro A.     |                     Type:
  Aranda                             |  enhancement
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:

 How to reproduce:
 Currently, you don't get progress information on a URL if you specify
 --no-stats.

 These are IMHO separate functionalities. I may have a program that doesn't
 need/want to show the progress information printed out by ffmpeg but wants
 to monitor the progress on a pipe and generate its own progress reports.

 A patch for this enhancement is at
 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paaguti/rudix/master/Ports/ffmpeg-
 ipod/patches/01-progress-status.diff

 I'm using this with a couple of frontends I have for ffmpeg
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9539>