[FFmpeg-trac] #10001(avformat:new): mxf muxer writes the wrong bit depth and uses the CDCI essence descriptor UL instead of the RGBA essence descriptor UL for Full Range RGB48 MJPEG2000

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Nov 2 12:48:02 EET 2022

#10001: mxf muxer writes the wrong bit depth and uses the CDCI essence descriptor
UL instead of the RGBA essence descriptor UL for Full Range RGB48 MJPEG2000
             Reporter:  Francesco    |                    Owner:  (none)
  Bucciantini                        |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Comment (by Tomas Härdin):

 Replying to [comment:5 Francesco Bucciantini]:
 > Hi Tom,
 > please don't make it error out as I'm currently using the remux after
 reading the CPL in an automated fashion as I have a workflow based on
 that.
 > It's basically FFMpeg that reads the CPL and remuxes to .mxf and then
 Avisynth indexes it and gets it ready to encode to XAVC with x264, so if
 it errors out it would break my workflow.

 > I would say to wait until a proper fix is implemented, but thank you for
 looking into that, Thomas! :)
 I'm having email problems at the moment, so my stop gap hasn't even made
 it to the list. But yeah RGBADescriptor should be used, not CDCI. Might as
 well implement all RGB(A) pixel formats while at it.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10001#comment:8>