[FFmpeg-trac] #10013(undetermined:new): [regression] `ffmpeg` 5.0.1 crashes when using domain in URL when uploading to RTMP endpoint

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 7 11:29:43 EET 2022

#10013: [regression] `ffmpeg` 5.0.1 crashes when using domain in URL when uploading
to RTMP endpoint
             Reporter:  Jesús        |                     Type:  defect
  Leganés-Combarro                   |
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:

 On `ffmpeg` 5.0.1 static from https://github.com/eugeneware/ffmpeg-
 static/releases/tag/b5.0.1 (originally from
 https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/), when streaming to a RTMP endpoint
 using a domain as host name (in this case `localhost`) it crash with a
 `SEGFAULT` signal, generating a core dump. OTOH, when using an IP instead,
 it works flawlessly and can stream to the server. I have also check it
 with version 4.4.2-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 from Ubuntu repositories, and it
 doesn't crash when using both IP and domain (it fails in both case because
 I didn't have a server to fully test as with 5.0.1 version, but in neither
 case they crashed), so that leads me to think it's a regression, not sure
 if in RTMP uploader component, or on URL parser.

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 % node_modules/ffmpeg-static/ffmpeg      -re      -f lavfi        -i
 smptebars=rate=30:size=640x360      -f lavfi        -i sine=frequency=1000
 -vf
 "drawtext=text=\'%{pts:hms}\':rate=30:x=(w-tw)/2:y=(h-lh)/2:fontsize=48:fontcolor=white:box=1:boxcolor=black"
 -vcodec libx264        -profile:v baseline        -pix_fmt yuv420p
 -preset ultrafast        -tune zerolatency        -crf 28      -acodec aac
 -f flv        rtmp://localhost:1935
 ffmpeg version 5.0.1-static https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/  Copyright
 (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers
   built with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6)