[FFmpeg-trac] #10293(undetermined:new): FFMpeg ignores -shortest and goes on forever filling all the RAM available in a system (Avisynth input)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Apr 3 09:54:59 EEST 2023

#10293: FFMpeg ignores -shortest and goes on forever filling all the RAM available
in a system (Avisynth input)
             Reporter:  Francesco    |                    Owner:  (none)
  Bucciantini                        |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Comment (by Francesco Bucciantini):

 What I've actually done in production is check whether the source is an
 image and has therefore only 1 frame (namely frame 0) and basically force
 length=1 in BlankClip(), otherwise, if it's not 0, it means that it's a
 video without audio and therefore I'll grab the video frames and fps and
 populate length and fps accordingly in BlankClip().
 This way it will work and indeed it did:

 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/k9azzag.png)]]
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10293#comment:2>