[FFmpeg-trac] #10210(avcodec:new): On Windows with x86 build, calling avcodec_send_packet does not free FPU registers

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Feb 22 19:24:43 EET 2023

#10210: On Windows with x86 build, calling avcodec_send_packet does not free FPU
registers
             Reporter:  Kevin        |                    Owner:  (none)
  Coulombe                           |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Comment (by Kevin Coulombe):

 I reproduce this with both dotnet and C++. The sample repo is in pure C++
 : https://github.com/stonkie/FfmpegRegisterExample

 I found some references saying those registers should be cleared when
 exiting a function with cdecl.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_calling_conventions#cdecl

 The post that lead me in this direction is here :
 https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2022/11/21/please-restore-our-registers-
 when-youre-done-with-them/

 It's not exactly the same registers, but it's the same problem.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10210#comment:2>