[FFmpeg-trac] #10392(avcodec:new): mxf with DolbyE and channel_count != 02 is wrongly read by FFMpeg and cannot be remuxed

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jun 12 13:08:50 EEST 2023

#10392: mxf with DolbyE and channel_count != 02 is wrongly read by FFMpeg and
cannot be remuxed
             Reporter:  Francesco    |                    Owner:  (none)
  Bucciantini                        |
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Comment (by Francesco Bucciantini):

 So, in that very case it was indeed ommedia_8.3, but that's not the only
 version to be faulty.
 After 6.1 they introduced the regression, so 7.x and 8.x are all faulty,
 'till you get to 9.x.

 About the 8 channel files output by Omneon, no problem at all, I can
 provide one.
 So, I've attached 10 frames of 25fps colorbars in XDCAM-50.
 The first one is Omneon_1_track_8_channels.mxf so basically it's 1 video
 in MPEG-2 and 1 audio track with 8 channels inside, muxed as .mxf by
 Omneon.
 The second one is Omneon_8_track_1_channel.mxf which is 1 video in MPEG-2
 again but 8 audio tracks each one with 1 mono channel inside, muxed as
 .mxf by Omneon.

 If you need any other sample, I can provide as many as you need, just let
 me know. :)
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10392#comment:6>