[FFmpeg-trac] #11055(undetermined:new): "showinfo", "-show_frames": bad PTS, where "framecrc" had expected; plus inconsistent playback

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 14 22:29:46 EEST 2024

#11055: "showinfo", "-show_frames": bad PTS, where "framecrc" had expected; plus
inconsistent playback
             Reporter:  markfilipak  |                    Owner:  (none)
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Comment (by markfilipak):

 Replying to [comment:7 markfilipak]:
 > I can't parse M2TSes. So, I don't know if there's something else that's
 tripping up FFmpeg. For example, there may be something is M2TS having to
 do with sequence header that's not in VOBs.

 I guess there is 'something else'.
 I discovered this: "co located POCs unavailable" while transcoding
 (AVC->HEVC) and remuxing (M2TS->MP4). POCs are particular to H.264.

 Of course, it has no bearing on why framecrc, showinfo, and show_frames
 differ.

 I read about POCs in H.264. I think there might be an effect on DTSes &
 PTSes. Can you help me out with this?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/11055#comment:28>