[FFmpeg-user] Problems while configuring the ffmpeg

amine bouzidi bouzidiamine at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:30:01 CEST 2011

Hi,
can anyone please help to configure the ffmpeg as I am encountering problems while configuring it with this command:

./configure --prefix=/usr --target-os=linux --arch=arm --cpu=cortex-a8 --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- --cc=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc --enable-pic --enable-shared --disable-debug --disable-everything --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-fft --enable-dct --disable-stripping --extra-cflags="-Wall -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -fno-math-errno -fno-signed-zeros -fno-tree-vectorize"

the output on terminal widow looks as follow:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc is unable to create an executable file.
C compiler test failed.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

the version that I using is ffmpeg-HEAD-b8a4444.tar.gz downloaded from this link

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html