[FFmpeg-user] video stream out of sync

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:04:04 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 16:50, Anthony Brown <av at bsbc.nb.ca> wrote:
> The documentation is a bit sketchy on that (and many other points), but them
> as complain can feel free to rewrite it :).  AFAIK, -async X will resample
> the audio track to speed up or slow down by as much as X samples per second
> as required to match the video timestamps.  You probably don't need to make
> big adjustments, you're talking 1 second in 5 minutes, less than 1%.  If you
> sample audio at 48000 an -async 480 would be more than enough to compensate.

Thanks very much, no complaining here, I find ffmpeg as a great piece
of software :)
Will go for trial and error then, and hopefully find the right solution.

>> - how to grab the "desktop" sound instead of the "mic" sound?
> Can't help you there.

Hmm, there must be a way to intercept the sound that is "sent" to the
speakers. If only I could find the answer for this one...

Best wishes,
Adrian