[FFmpeg-user] merging or joining videos

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:23:38 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in right direction about how I should join together multiple videos?  So if I have video1.avi & video2.avi how do I turn them into joinedvideo.avi?  It doesn't matter to me if I join them after converting or during converting (I'm assuming I have to do it during?).  I'm familiar with cat but I believe this only works on .mpg and I would like a way to work on many files such as .avi or .mp4.  I've also read the instructions in the documentation but I was thinking there's a more updated way than having to convert everything to .mpg first?  Anyways, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.  Thanks!

rc