[FFmpeg-user] Can I use FFmpeg.exe command line in my proprietary software

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:49:42 CEST 2011

> as long as you only call a binary application via
> cli it does not matter under what license the called
> cli-app is because you do not touch it, no matter if
> it is GPL, LGPL, Commerical.....

This would be one of the reasons why the GPL and its derivatives make
absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What's the functional difference?!

What's the situation with including an ffmpeg CLI binary with rental
equipment?

If I do that, if it's an embedded system, how do I make the required
source code offer?

None of this has been thought through very carefully, has it...