[FFmpeg-user] Can I use FFmpeg.exe command line in my proprietary software

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:55:11 CEST 2011

On 08/08/2011 09:27 AM, Phil Rhodes wrote:
>> you don't need to ask someone how to do
>> things with FFMpeg just read the licence
>
> This interpretation is, at best, optimistic.
>
> I'll repeat my example again: what if I build an embedded device, and
> rent it to people?
>
> The GPL (and similar licenses) don't talk about this.

You can argue about the GPL, but always asking the same question when
people have given reasonable answers is definitely trolling.

This is not the first time this has happened.
I'll give you a last warning. You will be banned.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER
Key fingerprint          8D77134D20CC9220201FC5DB0AC9325C5C1ABAAA