[FFmpeg-user] rtsp error - intermittent

Lee Smith djleehaha at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:40:20 CEST 2011

Hi everyone, First time posting on this list.

The short version:

#ffmpeg -i rtsp://www.address.com/Auto%20DJ%20Channel%202?tcp test.wav
[rtsp @ 003AA3E0] Failed to fix invalid RTSP-MS/ASF min_pktsize

The long version:

I am setting up an application to switch between different incoming
audio streams for a single output.
As part of this project I am using ffmpeg to decode the incoming data
to wav format.
I have it connecting to the Auto DJ over rtsp however it sometimes
fails with the below error (and the freeze) and sometimes appears to
freeze with no error at all:

[rtsp @ 003AA3E0] Failed to fix invalid RTSP-MS/ASF min_pktsize

No data is written to the output.

The Auto DJ server is basically just a Windows media services 9.6
Server with a play list.
Each time you connect it picks a (random?) file from its playlist and
streams it to the client (ffmpeg).

The odd thing is we have 2 such servers with different play lists. One
will fail 1 time in 10, the other more like 9 times in 10 (these are
guesstimates).

Connecting to the same server using winamp (over mms, although I
belive this is the same thing?) works first time every time.

I am thinking this must be some kind of incompatibility between ffmpeg
and Windows media services 9.6 ?

I get the exact same behaviour whether I try it on Windows 7 or SUSE
11.4 on a different PC (the Hex number is different every time though)

Full transcript of a failed run below if it helps

Can anyone shed any light?

Many Thanks

Lee

C:\dev\dj-djl.com\radioswitcher2>ffmpeg -i
rtsp://www.address.com/Auto%20DJ%20Channel1?tcp test.wav
ffmpeg version N-31100-g9251942, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jun 30 2011 21:17:59 with gcc 4.5.3
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-memalign-hack --enable-
runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libo
pencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --
enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger
 --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enabl
e-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil    51. 11. 0 / 51. 11. 0
  libavcodec   53.  7. 0 / 53.  7. 0
  libavformat  53.  4. 0 / 53.  4. 0
  libavdevice  53.  2. 0 / 53.  2. 0