[FFmpeg-user] AVCHD from a Canon HF G10: 'non monotonically increasing dts' + dts mess

Adruna ffmpeg-user at adruna.org
Tue Aug 23 11:22:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 23-8-2011 9:21, Robert Krüger wrote:
> could you please file a bug report in the bug tracker and supply a very short sample clip with it?
>
> I've had a similar problem in the past and it is buried somewhere in the old roundup bugtracker that I don't know if anyone is using it or if the information is essentially lost. I managed to get this working in my case with a hack in the code by replacing a ">"-Check with ">=" where the error occurred but it might be something else in your case and of course that was not a proper fix but if you want to get your material transcoded, you probably don't really care about that (I didn't). In any case, having this in the bug tracker with a small sample increases chances that someone can/will fix it. Please provide the camera model and recording mode in your bug report so others find this when they run into the same problem.

I have the same problem with the "JVC Everio GZ-HM650". The problem only
occurs when copying the original streams to the new container.

So I get the error (build: N-32023-gf138c7f) with the command from Damian:

ffmpeg -i 00167.MTS -vcodec copy -acodec copy out/00167.mp4

but when transcoding like:

ffmpeg -i 00167.MTS -vcodec libx264 -acodec copy out/00167.mp4

it works. Please let me know the bug submission, so I can add a sample
file, Recording device info and this note if needed.

Regards,

Adruna