[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg with libx264

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Aug 27 23:43:20 CEST 2011

Le decadi 10 fructidor, an CCXIX, Steve Jones a écrit :
> I think you're right. I have two versions installed, one in /usr and one
> in /usr/local. For some reason the configure script is finding the
> version in /usr/local, but at compile time it's trying to use the one in
> /usr. I don't really know how configure and make work, so how can I work
> out why it's confused?

The configure for ffmpeg has the unusual behaviour that it does not try to
look in /usr/local like most autoconf-produced configure. You can tell it to
with the following options:

  --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include"
  --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib"

But before that, you should look at the compile and link lines, with
make V=1, and look in config.log to see where the strange flags come from.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George