[FFmpeg-user] mov->.dv rewrapping

Tim Nicholson tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 09:27:04 CEST 2011

On 30/08/11 21:55, Папа Любящий wrote:
> Use : ffmpeg -i SYNCTEST.mov -f dv -vcodec copy -acodec copy out.dv

According to the docs, "-f nnn" is used to force the format when it
cannot otherwise be determined by the file extension. Since I have
specified a file extension compatible with the required format I would
not expect the -f to be necessary.

As it happens the above does not work and fails in the same way.

However I have found the cause of the issue and its an old gotcha I
spotted when looking at my working version-

Stream mapping:
   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0: dvvideo -> dvvideo
   Stream #0.1 -> #0.1: pcm_s16be -> pcm_s16le

The DV mov has the audio be, but ffmpeg insists that for .dv streams the
audio must be le, so the solution to my issue is:-

ffmpeg -i SYNCTEST.mov  -vcodec copy out.dv

which gives:-

Stream mapping:
   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0: copy
   Stream #0.1 -> #0.1: pcm_s16be -> pcm_s16le

> 30 августа 2011, 15:30 от Tim Nicholson<tim.nicholson at bbc.co.uk>:
>

> Is it reasonable that :-
> "ffmpeg -i SYNCTEST.mov -vcodec copy -acodec copy out.dv"
>
> fails with:-

Thanks for all your thoughts though...as trying your solutions and
failing put me on the right track!

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/