[FFmpeg-user] Is there any way to hide the configure command options?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Dec 6 20:04:18 CET 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:13:26 -0700
Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I realize this is old but maybe just edit cmdutils.c and compile
> > again.
> >
> > Look for this line
> >
> >    fprintf(stderr, "  configuration: " FFMPEG_CONFIGURATION "\n");
>
> +1 for not displaying it by default, maybe only display it if in
> verbose mode or something (as mplayer does...)
> -r

I prefer that the configure options are shown by default. Seeing the
configure options is useful when helping users in #ffmpeg/mailing
list/trac.

Asking the user to "show the ffmpeg command and the complete console
output" is easier to follow than "show the ffmpeg command with
verbosity enabled (-verbose) and the complete console output".