[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg issue

doreisan doreisan at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 22:05:16 CET 2011

Don't get me wrong. I love linux and after getting used to it I love ffmpeg.

That being said, the point of this note is to exclaim out loud the following critique:  ffmpeg is useless and impracticle.

That begs the question as to just why.  After 3 hours of trying I can't get it to enable mp3 encoding.  The only reasoning that I'm given for disabling it is some lame excuse that it's proprietory.  Ok? Really? Your serious about that?

Let me be clear, and blunt. It can, in theory, be enabled.  It's free to get the lame codec.  This is why ppl don't move to linux: every music player on the f'n entire earth uses mp3, not vorbis, not wav, not name-it, but mp3.  So when are linux programmers such little bitch ass pansy f'n panywastes? Why not just enable the one everyone uses by default and why such frustration and agony just to do what we will do ANYWAY?

Flying sphaghetti monster dammit!