[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg issue

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:58:56 CET 2011

> Just to prepare you, FFmpeg does not come with the following:
>
> libmp3lame (MP3 encoding)
> libx264 (H.264 encoder)
> libfaac (AAC encoder)

Windows binaries usually do. I don't think I've ever found one that
didn't. I have, interestingly, seen windows builds that come was
ffmpeg.exe, avcodec.dll, avformat.dll, etc. Which is fine (if pointless).
Throw it in a folder somewhere and it works.

But really, the situation that exists, where the world's most widely-used
open source media utility doesn't by default support three of the most
useful (if not the three most useful) media format is just... I don't
know... comical.